COVID-19: Resources and Procedures
North Valley Christian School continues to strive for the health and safety of our students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. This involves following the health guidelines set by the state, using a COVID compliance app for staff training and health screenings, and implementing stricter classroom cleaning and safe-distancing procedures. While students K-12 are learning online, campus is open to grades Toddler-Pre-Kindergarten. The health and safety of our students and staff continues to be our priority along with providing high-quality academics.
Please visit the LA County Health Department website for more information on how to stay safe!
Procedures for On-Campus Learning
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Parent (wearing mask) brings child to specific age group family room for health screening, including taking the child’s temperature.
- Any student demonstrating symptoms or fever will be sent home immediately to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Parents may enter the family portion of the classroom to sign-in and sign-out.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for parent use.
- Parents will wait outside designated classroom door for teacher to receive the student.
- Student will remove his/her shoes at the entrance to the classroom. Parents can bring clean shoes for indoor use or grip socks to wear during the school day.
- Students will be picked up and signed out by 5 p.m. at the same door where they were dropped off.
In the Classroom
- Students will be required to wash hands upon arrival, frequently (every half hour), and as needed.
- Students will remain with their designated teachers and class group throughout the school day. This will allow teachers to take required breaks without altering the designated class groupings.
- Classroom areas are redesigned to promote safe physical distancing.
- Specific areas are designated for classroom activities.
- Teachers will demonstrate and model safety protocols.
- Students will be encouraged to stay physically distant from their peers.
- Toys will be cleaned between use and at the end of each day.
- High-touch surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Rooms will be open for fresh air as much as possible to provide adequate ventilation.
- One class group at a time will utilize the outdoor play area.
- Shoes will be worn outside and removed again upon return to classroom.
- Students will wash hands upon returning to the classroom.
In the event illness becomes evident
- Student will be isolated in the nurse’s office, located in the school office.
- Parents will be contacted to pick up their child promptly.
- Students in that class group will be sent home.
- Classroom doors will be opened to promote ventilation.
- Classroom and items will be disinfected after 24 hours.
- There can be no school for the 2 days following incidence of illness for that class group to allow for cleaning and disinfection from any respiratory droplets that may have occurred.
- Student must be fever-free without medication for 72 hours (continuously) before coming to be screened for re-admittance to class.
Click here for more information about the guidance for operation from LA County Health Department that NVCS is following.